SD-WAN interconnects the branches, headquarters and multiple clouds of the enterprise, and is applied to select the optimal transmission between different hybrid links (MPLS, Internet, 5G, LTE, etc.), providing a high-quality cloud experience. By deploying SD-WAN, the reliability, flexibility, and O&M efficiency of enterprise branch networks can be improved, ensuring that the branch network is always online, and ensuring business continuity and stability, such as sd wan in manufacturing and sd wan for small business.
Aiming at the problems of closed WAN architecture, difficult service experience, slow service deployment, and difficult operation and maintenance currently faced by enterprise networks, the sd wan managed services provides enterprises with on-demand interconnection between branches and branches, and between branches and data centers. And through application-level intelligent routing, intelligent acceleration, and intelligent operation and maintenance, a better service experience is built, and the service experience of the whole process of enterprise WAN interconnection is reshaped.
The main benefits of SD-WAN are as follows:
1. 5G ultra-broadband, on-demand interconnection: 5G/wired multiple uplinks, connect to the headquarters and cloud anytime, anywhere, large-scale flexible networking enables reliable and scalable enterprise branch interconnection.
2. Intelligent routing, extremely intelligent experience: Through intelligent routing and optimization, the experience of key applications on local and cloud branches in any location such as office and production is guaranteed.
3. Integrated management and control, intelligent operation and maintenance: LAN/WAN unified cloud management simplifies the deployment of massive branch services and the complexity of operation and maintenance.
From the perspective of logical layering and function division, the logical architecture of SD-WAN mainly includes the service presentation layer, management layer, control layer and network layer. Each layer undertakes different functions, including several core components.
1. Business presentation layer
The service presentation layer of SD-WAN is connected downward to the network controller, and externally, the service presentation and provisioning of SD-WAN is realized through the service Portal interface. The service presentation layer currently has the following two forms:
(1) Self-developed Portal interface: SD-WAN solution providers provide customers with SD-WAN end-to-end business configuration and processing procedures.
(2) Third-party BSS/OSS: The third-party implements the integration of SD-WAN solutions and the flexible customization of the interface with the help of the northbound open API of the network controller according to the needs of business functions and display styles.
The network controller is the core component of the management layer and the "smart brain" of the entire SD-WAN. SD-WAN network controllers generally have network orchestration and management functions:
(1) Network orchestration: Responsible for SD-WAN business-oriented network model abstraction, orchestration, and automatic configuration provisioning, mainly including enterprise WAN networking and business orchestration related to various network policies. By abstracting and defining the network model of the enterprise WAN, the network controller shields the technical details of SD-WAN deployment and implementation, making WAN network configuration and service provisioning simpler and more flexible.
(2) Network management: The management component of the network controller realizes the network management and operation and maintenance functions of the enterprise WAN, including but not limited to the collection of fault information such as warnings and logs of SD-WAN network elements; based on links, applications, network It collects, counts and analyzes performance data, and conducts multi-dimensional statistics and presentation of operation and maintenance information such as network topology, alarm management, and performance to end customers.