SD-WAN, or software-defined wide area networking, is a technology that enables the management and optimization of a wide area network (WAN) using software rather than traditional hardware-based methods. It allows for centralized management and control of network traffic, prioritization of applications, and secure connectivity between different locations or branches. The sd wan company uses various software-defined networking (SDN) components, such as virtualization, orchestration, and automation, to provide an agile and cost-effective solution for businesses with complex WAN requirements.
1. Edge Devices: These are the SD-WAN routers or appliances that connect to the customer's network at each remote site or branch and communicate with the centralized SD-WAN controller or orchestrator.
2. SD-WAN Controller: This is the centralized management software or cloud-based platform that controls and monitors the edge devices, manages the network policies and traffic flows, and provides network visibility and analytics.
3. WAN Connectivity: This refers to the different types of network links or transport options, such as broadband internet, LTE, MPLS, or satellite, that are used to connect the remote sites or branches to the SD-WAN network. SD-WAN provides dynamic path selection and link aggregation capabilities to optimize the use of multiple WAN links and improve the performance, reliability, and security of the network.
SD-WAN provides several benefits that make it a compelling technology for businesses with complex WAN requirements. Here are some of the main reasons why SD-WAN is becoming increasingly popular:
1. Cost Savings: SD-WAN can save businesses money by utilizing cheaper broadband internet connections alongside more expensive MPLS links. This dynamic path selection also leads to the more efficient use of bandwidth.
2. Centralized Management: SD-WAN provides centralized visibility and management of all devices in the WAN, allowing IT teams to optimize the network performance, prioritize critical applications, and implement security policies more easily and efficiently.
3. Seamless Connectivity: SD-WAN enables secure and optimized connectivity between different sites and clouds, resulting in a streamlined and agile WAN infrastructure.
4. Improved Application Experience: SD-WAN provides better application performance by dynamically routing traffic based on application priorities and network conditions. This results in fewer performance issues, higher uptime, and a better end-user experience.
5. Scalability: The ability to scale SD-WAN nationally and globally, while maintaining centralized control and management can help to minimize the amount of manual intervention required when expanding a network.
6. Security: Built-in security features can ensure traffic is encrypted, reducing the risk of data breaches or unauthorized access.
SD-WAN technology has many uses and functions. Here are some of the most significant applications:
1. Site-to-Site Connectivity: SD-WAN simplifies site-to-site connectivity by taking advantage of broadband connections in addition to MPLS links. It creates secure tunnels between sites, irrespective of the WAN connection used.
2. Cloud Connectivity: SD-WAN makes it easy for organizations to connect their branch or campus networks to cloud services like Azure and AWS. It employs connectors to establish optimized connections to cloud services resulting in a seamless cloud experience with direct cloud connectivity.
3. Application Optimization: SD-WAN provides visibility and control over the application traffic in the network, prioritizing bandwidth usage based on the needs of each application. This ensures that applications run smoothly without resource contention.
4. Centralized Management: SD-WAN allows centralized management of the network infrastructure, where IT teams can configure, manage, and maintain policies through a single management console. This feature makes it much easier to maintain an overview of the entire network and make network-wide policy changes.
5. Network Security: SD-WAN can add an extra layer of security by providing application-aware traffic routing and implementing security policies to protect business-critical applications. It enhances the security of data traffic, users, and systems through built-in security mechanisms, like encryption.
GO SDWAN provides you with sd wan pro services that enable you to cost-effectively manage applications, especially in the cloud. Automatically and dynamically forward traffic on the most suitable and efficient WAN path based on network conditions, application traffic security and quality of service (QoS) requirements, and circuit costs.